UPSC Full Form – In this blog, we shared a lot of information about UPSC and the full form of UPSC. If you don’t know the full form of UPSC, this blog is for you, for know the full information about it please read this article completely.
UPSC Full Form
The Full Form of UPSC is the “Union Public Service Commission“. In Hindi UPSC is known as “संघ लोक सेवा आयोग”.
UPSC is a central agency of India which conducts many examinations. Every year a large number of candidates appear in the UPSC exam.
Candidates after being successful in the civil examination of UPSC, candidates go to big posts like IAS and IPS.
In such a situation, through this article, we are trying to provide you with all the information related to UPSC along with the UPSC Full Form.
History of UPSC
After knowing the full form of UPSC, you can also know the history of UPSC.
The concept of merit-based modern Civil Services Examination in India was first introduced by the British East India Company in 1854.
Initially, the Indian Civil Services examinations were conducted only in London, and the syllabus was designed in such a way that only British candidates could appear and crack it.
Mr Satyendranath Tagore, brother of the first Indian, Rabindranath Tagore, succeeded in the UPSC examination, and also became the first Indian to crack the UPSC examination In the year 1864.
After the First World War and the Montagu-Chelmsford Reforms, the Civil Services Examination (UPSC) started being conducted in India itself.
With the introduction of the Constitution of India on 26 January 1950, the Federal Public Service Commission was recognized as the Union Public Service Commission.
Establishment of UPSC
UPSC was established on 1 October 1926. It is located at Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi. UPSC is also responsible for the rules of recruitment, promotion, appointments and transfers from one service to another, apart from conducting various examinations.
Exams to be conducted by UPSC
These are the lists of the exams that will be conducted by UPSC.
- Civil Service Examination
- Indian Forest Service Examination
- Engineering Services Examination
- Combined Defence Services Examination
- National Defense Academy Examination
- Naval Academy Examination
- Combined Medical Services Examination
- Special Class Railway Apprentice
- Indian Economic Service/Indian Statistical Service Examination
- Combined Geoscientist and Geologist Examination
- Central Armed Police Forces(Assistant Commandant) Examination
UPSC at a glance
- The full form of UPSC is Union Public Service Commission.
- The headquarters of UPSC is located in New Delhi.
- Present Chairman of UPSC is Prof. (Dr.) Pradeep Kumar Joshi.
- UPSC was established on 1 October 1926.
Functions Of UPSC
- To Conduct an exam for appointment to the services of the Union.
- Direct recruitment by selection through interviews.
- Appointment of officers on promotion / deputation / absorption.
- Framing and amendment of Recruitment Rules for various services and posts under the Government.
- Disciplinary cases relating to different Civil Services.
- Responsible for the rules of recruitment, promotion, appointments and transfers from one service to another,
- To Advise the Government on any matter referred to the Commission by the President of India.
UPSC Official Website
UPSC Exam Callender 2020